Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday Tastiness: Toffee Oatmeal Cookies

So Julep sent me an email today stating that my July Box would be delayed because they can't send nailpolish via airline mail, so it has to be delivered via ground mail... Which is fine and all, but how did they send me my polish before? Is this flying rule a new one or something? Regardless, it is what it is, and they credited me with some joules, so I suppose I'll get it whenever it gets here.

On another HAPPY SUBSCRIPTION  BOX NOTE, my FMLA will be over at next pay cycle... Well technically, it's been over since May 27th, but they'll be done taking all the money from my paychecks to repay for my benefits and whatever they took it for, by July 15thish, so I'm hoping I can slowly reintroduce certain boxes into my monthly subscription selection aside from Julep and Ipsy. I definitely want Starbox back, my favorite subscription that I love to hate. Then there's my Birchbox, which is only ten dollars! I go back and forth about wantable, I do think I want it eventually, but I think I also need to wait till I've paid off some of the medical bills and such before resubscribing to everything I used to subscribe to. Then there are also NEW subscriptions that I've been eying.

Moving on... I did say I was posting a recipe, right?

I LOVE BAKING COOKIES, I've always loved baking cookies. I used to bake them all the time when I was living in NJ. I'd bake a double batch and send half away to Justin, my then boyfriend [now fiance], who lived in Texas, and leave the other half for my family. I would bake, at least twice, a month. I did ruin cookies like I tended to ruin other things I attempted to make... although, I've gotten MUCH BETTER in the kitchen since those Jersey days.

Then I moved to Texas, and stopped baking, not really for a lack of wanting to bake. I just didn't have an electric mixer, and never wanted to spend the money to buy one because subscription boxes are so much better I'm cheap. Then, for Christmas, Justin's mom got me a mixer, this year, and I hadn't touched it since she bought it for me till I made her those gluten free chocolate chip cookies... and that reopened a part of myself that had been repressed since I moved to Texas... and now I want to bake cookies, at least once a week or every two weeks... so I bring you.... TOFFEE OATMEAL COOKIES.

Ingredients:
* 1 cup margerine or butter, softened  
[which to me means leave it in the microwave till it melts, about two minutes, if you're curious.]
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar 
* 2 eggs or 2 eggs worth of egg substituite
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 3 cups of oats
[I used Kroger whole grain oat, but I don't think it makes much of a different, which sort of oats or oatmeal you use]
* 1 cup of Health Toffee Bar Bits
[The entire toffee bar bits package is like 1.5 cups, so I just dumped the entire bag in. And if you don't like toffee, I'm sure chocolate chips or whatever would work out just as well.]

Directions:
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream butter/margarine and sugars until smooth.
3. Beat in Eggs and Vanilla
4. Combine and blend flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir in oats and toffee bar bites.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased baking sheet. 
7. Bake 10-12 minutes, I found that 11 minutes worked great with my oven.
8. Eat them. They tastes amazing.

Some warnings, THIS RECIPE MAKES A SHIT TON OF COOKIES, it literally made me like 40 cookies! We're drowning in toffee oatmeal cookies! Luckily they're delicious.

I'm tempted to make care packages of cookies to mail to my family and friends because we have so many!

Therefore, you may want to cut the recipe into half, if you want less cookies.

So there you have it, the random cookie recipe that I thought I should bake, last night, so I did. I do not regret this decision, and I don't think Justin does either.

I'm tempted to add more to my blog... Like vacation descriptions? Justin and I went to Schlitterbahn Galveston, Friday, and I could write up a review for that.  And our honeymoon will be a CRAZY road trip through the United States. So we shall see.

Till then, enjoy the cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I got that same email from Julep. I am not happy. I usually get Julep a couple says before the start of the next month but this month it isn't expected to be here until the 14th!

    Wantable was pretty great but I canceled it. Now I only have Julep, Birchbox, and Ipsy. I also canceled Nerdblock. Birchbox is paid for the year so I only pay for Julep and Ipsy. Unfortunately I always add add-ons with Julep. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Julep switched their shipping company because I don't think they used DHL before. I mean, I liked getting it early, but at the same time, I don't mind stocking up on Joules.

      Right now I just get Ipsy and Julep. I have the same issue with Julep... I keep getting add-ons :P

      I will add starbox because the products that I do like that I get from them are very awesome, and they're about to start a customizable thing in the next few months, which will make me happy because I can choose what I'll get.

      I think I might just start doing one-time boxes for other places as curiosity, and see what I get :P It'll give me more of a variety, LOL.

      Delete