Monday, July 14, 2014

Apple Pie Muffins

Let's see, I ordered a mystery package from Julep, at some point, last week. It was the truth&dare mystery package, where you picked a box with one product that you wanted and you knew what it was, and the rest of a mystery. They had like six different boxes to choose from and I chose the one with the Kajal Eyeliner because I've found that their black eyeliner that comes with that pencil duo works really well on my water line, and the sharpener that comes with that pencil is an amazing sharpener, it is the first sharpener I've found that doesn't destroy my 24/7 eyeliner pencils when I sharpen them. So... That will probably be here, at some point, next week, most likely since they sent it via DHL. Hopefully Julep can redeem themselves for the  Cynthia Fiasco that occurred in my July Box, that I'm still bitter about.

Ipsy went out last week, so I should get it either today or tomorrow, methinks.

But until then, you get Apple Pie Muffins.
I was baking a lot of cookies this summer, and cookies are bad for me because cookie recipes make a shit ton of cookies, and I love cookies. So I eat a lot of cookies. Therefore, I decided to go with something different this week, and made apple pie muffins. 

I had tried to make apple cinnamon muffins once before, back when I lived in New Jersey, and they were um... special. I like to think I've come a long way from those baking days. These muffins came out amazingly delicious. 

Ingredients:
2 cups of all purpose-flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups of apple pie filling
 [which is found  in the baking section, Though additionally, I'm sure, if you had the patience, you could just dice the apples yourself. I'm just not that patient.]
1 stick of butter
2 eggs or egg substituite
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup of milk
Optional: Cinnamon/Sugar Spice
[I found mine in the baking section of the supermarket.]

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and spray muffin tin with Pam or something similar.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
3. Coat the apples with 2 teaspoons of flour in another separate bowl. I cut my apple pie mixture into smaller pieces so it would fit better into the muffin tin.
4. Coat the apple flour mixture with a cinnamon/sugar mixture. I just bought the cinnamon and sugar spice I found at my supermarket, but you could also just mix like two teaspoons of sugar and two teaspoons of cinnamon with each other, and coat it like that.
5. Cream the sugar and butter together in a big bowl.
 6. Add each egg, one at a time, and mix the mixture after each egg is added.
7. Mix in the Vanilla.
8. Put about 1/2 of the flour mixture in the bowl and mix.
9. Mix 1/4 of the milk [half of half a cup] into the mixture after blending the flour.

10. Put the other half of the flour in, mix, followed by the other half of the milk, and mix.

11. Dump the apple mixture into the bowl.
12. Mix the apple mixture with the batter.
 13. Pour the batter into a muffin tin, and cook for 30 minutes.
14. Remove the muffins from the oven. 

Optional topping:
1. Melt some butter in one bowl, and make a sugar/cinnamon mixture in the other.
2. Take one muffin, at a time, from the tin, dip it into the melted butter, and roll it in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.

 Transfer the muffins to a plate to cool, AND ENJOY. 

They taste like an apple pie inside of a muffin. SO GOOD.



2 comments:

  1. I am pretty over Julep. If I can ever get a hold of them I an just going to cancel. I added on a 2 pack of Konjac sponges with my July box and they sent me a cuticle pusher instead. I have emailed them twice with no response. I can't call them from my house because I can't call long distance on the house phone and my cell phone gets no signal here. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard they're very hard to get in touch with, but if you do get in touch with them, they have good customer service. Unfortunately I've also heard the best way to get in touch with them is via phone. Good luck, I hope you do get in touch with them.

      Delete