Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Sweets: Peppermint Mocha Cookies

I am ridiculously OBSESSED with frapachinos, to the point, where I should probably be admitted to a mental ward for my addiction to it. My obsession with frapachinos started during my senior year at high school, when my friends and I would hang out at Starbucks every weekend.... before Starbucks became cool... Before Starbucks got all hipster, it was more of a place for artsy losers like my friends and me.

The first frapachino I obsessed over was a simple caramel frapachino. There were nights in high school, where I would go through two Venti fraps in one night... Back then, I ran track, so it was okay to drink fraps like a college student chugging beer at a frat party.

Then during my first college winter break, I bumped into a girl, who I went to college with, working at my local Starbucks, and she introduced me to peppermint frapachinos. From there, my obsession was born, and since then, I've also gotten my fiance addicted to peppermint mocha frapachinos. 

So... instead of spending tons of money on frapachinos, I decided I'd try to mimic the drink in cookie form, and hence the Peppermint Mocha cookies were born.

Ingredients:
* 3/4th cup of butter, softened
* 1/2 cup of white sugar
* 1/2 cup of brown sugar
* 1 egg or egg substituite
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
* 1/4th cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 tsp of espresso
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup of Andes mint peices
[Note: If you can't find the Andres pieces, you can use 1 tsp of peppermint flavoring, found in the baking aisle, usually, and then use 1 cup of regular milk or dark chocolate chips in place of them]

Instructions:
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until they're creamy.
 3. Stir in egg and vanilla extract.
[Note: If you're using peppermint flavoring instead of chips, this is where you'd mix that in, as well.]
4. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso into the wet ingredients and beat them together till the dough is smooth.
5. Mix in Andres mints [or chocolate chips].
6. Drop teaspoons of dough onto a baking tray.
[Note: The dough is very gooey, that is okay, it's much looser than say chocolate chip cookie dough, so don't freak out if your dough is runny!]
7. Cook for 10-12 minutes and let cool. [Note: I found 11 minutes worked perfectly.]

8. ENJOY!

They're really good!!! They really do taste like a peppermint mocha frapachino in cookie form. SO FREAKING GOOD!
That is all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment