Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ipsy: Sensationally Sun Kissed, July 2014

This is what Ajani thought of this months Ipsy bag. He did not approve. 

The theme of July's bag was "Sensationally Sun-Kissed", which makes me think of skin and tanning products that I want nothing to do with. 

I didn't HATE this month's products or anything. I just wasn't overly wowed or anything.

But before that. Ipsy is a ten dollar a month subscription bag service that sends you a mixture of beauty products, skin care, and nail products, and other random stuff. The products you get are supposedly based on a survey you take when you join the site, but I'm not sure I would trust the accuracy of that survey. They all send all the makeup in a special bag for each month. It's nice to have makeup bags lying around for travel and stuff.

There's usually a waiting list, but I think you can skip the line if you add them to facebook and become a fan or something... well that's what I did... sometimes the waits are long, sometimes there aren't, sometimes there is no wait. It all depends.

Moving onward.

THIS BAG IS FUCKING HIDEOUS! 

It is so ugly. It looks like bright pink whoopee cushion.. or a pillow that a third grader makes in art class or something. It is SO UGLY! 

Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow, worth... I'm not sure? The full-size is $18.00... So this is probably 1/4th of $18.00, if I had to estimate, so... $4.50, approximately?

I think the color I got is Radiant Sands or Divine Wine... My swatch is actually very different in person than it looks in picture. It's much more coppery and shimmery, which make me think it's Radiant Sands over Divine Wine. 

I like the product and it looks good with my skin tone, and I like nude colors, mainly for work purposes, so this is a product that I'd experiment with. 

 Pix! Tinted Brillance Balm in Unique Pink, full-size, worth $8.00. I don't really see how this is tinted, I tried to do a swatch on my skin and I couldn't see anything except maybe a slight shimmer?

The other color that went out was a much darker red, so I can see how that would be tinted. But mine is very much a transparent color, at least on me.

It's basically chapstick. I have nothing against chapstick.

Whet Nailpolish, not full-size, but almost full-size, worth $9.00. A full size is .05 and my sample size is .03.

 The labeling  and description on their box amuses me greatly because it sounds like one of those products that you would get in an "adult" themed box meant to turn on your partner and bring our your wildest desires... Of course... maybe that's the point? BUT ANYWAYS.

My color was facetious, a very bright but dark blue. I'm pretty sure I have colors just like this, but I never say no to nailpolish :)

Whet Nails does have some interesting nailpolish colors with unique names, if you're curious.

Hang Ten Deep Tanning Oil, worth $1.00. The full-size is 8 oz and the sample size is 1 oz.

I don't mind getting sent tanning oil. I do use tanning oil if I'm just reading at the pool.But I tend to go more for oil with 15 spf as opposed to 8 spf, which is what this sample has.

I haven't been much into the pool lately though. Weather in Texas is bipolar and we get a lot of thunderstorms- even now it looks about ready to storm-, and the pool has been very crowded since summer school let out.

I'm going to Schlitterbahn next week, on a mini vacay with the fiance, and this is much too little SPF to use at a water park, all day, in the scorching sun.

So... Not sure if I'll use this product? I may, if I go to the pool for an hour or so. Or I may not. But I don't hate it like some people seem to.

Lavilin JoJoba skin soother gel cream, worth $3.15, a full-size is a huge tub basically.

Oh hey.. it just started raining, told you Texas weather is weird.

Anyways, this product is interesting to me. As someone, who gets sunburns [and not from tanning oil, I tend to get them on my face, where I use real lotion], and painful sunburns, at that, I'm always looking for products to soothe my skin. So, I'll stick this in my bag, when we go to Schlitterbahn and see if it can make a difference.

The total value of my bag was: $25.65

Not the highest value bag I've ever gotten, but not the worst either, it still more then double what I initially paid for it.

This bag wasn't awful, just wasn't my favorite, compared to other bags I've gotten, in the past. But hey, you can't expect every bag to be perfect.

So if you're interested in Ipsy, feel free to check them out.






2 comments:

  1. I like the bag! I think it's prettier than last month's bag. But I'm into the hot pink and girly scalloped edges. I got the bare minerals eye shadow duo, derma e bb cream, "tinted" Pixi lip balm, bronzer and daily moisturizer. The only thing I don't like is the bronzer. I don't even know how to contour my face! Who has time for that? lol. I guess every month there is going to be at least one thing I wont use. Last month I got an eyebrow pencil. I like the lip balm this month though. It adds some shine without colour and I like the minty tingle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't like pink LOL :P I'm very much not a girly girl. I like the lip balm too :)

      Delete