Thursday, April 10, 2014

Julep: April Secret Store

One of the perks of being a maven for Julep is that every month, you get access to the Secret Store, which is a collection of discounted nailpolishes and makeup and beauty polishes, and the store is only open for 72 hours.

I rarely ever order from The Secret Store, the exception being around Halloween because I love Halloween, and Christmas because I loved the glittery Christmas colors.

However, I made an exception this month.

from l to r: Evie, Monica, and Dianna.

Evie is a bright pink color with a golden sunset glitter shimmer. This is the reason I bought something from the Secret Store. It was on sale for $2.99, and I thought it was a sign. 

Part of having a clinical illness is that no one can understand how you feel.  No one does until you get a chronic illness or cancer or some other illness that truly changes your life forever.  Life isn't the same and its hard to get by following all the same rules everyone else does.  
 
I don't want to get into this on my beauty blog. But I have a clinical illness and because of it my entire life is changing, even my ability to bear children in the future. I'm currently undergoing IVF, so maybe one day, I can have a biological child, even if I may not be the one, who is able to bring it into the world.
 
I always wanted a daughter. I even picked out her name, it's Evelyn Deirdre, or Evie, for short, so when I saw this color on Julep, I thought it was a sign. I want it to be a symbol that we can do this, we can fight everything, and get the daughter that we always wanted. And that's why the color Evie was so important to me.
 
Monica is a dark pink color with purple, blue, and pink colored glitter throughout it. You can sort of see the glitter in the picture. It was another $2.99 steal.
 
Dianna is sort of the color of Tiffany's blue boxes, just slightly lighter.  But it's still basically a robin's egg blue color. It's a very nice pastel blue color. It's a color I'm considering for my bridesmaid dresses in my wedding.
 
So that was my very small Secret Store purchase. They were all colors I never received in my monthly maven boxes, and it is a nice perk of Julep to have an opportunity like this for their members. They don't always have things I want in the Secret Store, but it is nice having an extra shopping option. After all, you can never have too many nailpolish colors :)


No comments:

Post a Comment